Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do you think using diaper rash cream every night before bed regardless of whether your baby has a rash?

is okay to do to prevent a diaper rash?Do you think using diaper rash cream every night before bed regardless of whether your baby has a rash?
my husband and I are alittle too cautious about diaper rash- we put the cream on at EVERY diaper change





honestly, I think what we do is overkill however our son seems to enjoy the feeling of having the cream rubbed on his tushy, so we continue to do it everytime just to see him smileDo you think using diaper rash cream every night before bed regardless of whether your baby has a rash?
it's unneeded; unless there is a rash developing, it's probably better to not use it as it is a barrier cream, and it keeps moisture in or out which is how it works for a rash; if your baby's bum is the least bit moist, the cream will keep the moisture next to the baby's skin and you don't want that.....
I think I've used diaper rash cream about 5 times total for my now four year old.





For my youngest I've only used it once or twice.





I don't know what I'm doing different that keeps my kids from having rashes. But they don't get them often enough to use diaper rash ointment.
My kids very rarely got a diaper rash, so I don't have much experience with diaper rash creams. I don't think it would hurt to put it on every night, but I would be curious as to what would happen if she did develop a rash. Would the cream still work?
I USED DIA[ER RASH OINTMENT(BALMEX) ON MY DOUGHTER EVERYDAY AND SHE IS NOW 16 MTHS OLD 2 TIMES A DAY AT 11 OR 12 CHANGE THEN WHEN GOING TO BED AND SHE HAS ONLY HAD 1 DIAPER RASH AND THAT WAS DUE TO A STRONG ANTIBIOTIC SHE WAS PUT ON THAT SHE WS ALLERGIC TO (AMOXICILLIAN) AND SHE IS FINE.
I do every night regardless, but during the day no. Not unless he has a rash.





At night I think my son likes it I give him his bath and put some cream on with his diaper. My son has only really had one rash and thats when he had bad poopies for 2 days.
It wont hurt but a cheaper thing to do is use vaseline and powder (they say not to use powder now but just make sure it doesn't get near your baby's face and he/she can't breathe it in). I use powder on my son every night.
i think so, i do that every night and has helped alot!! especially since they are more likely to have a soaked diaper for a few hours.
At the advisement of my pediatrician, I have never used diaper rash cream to prevent a diaper rash. My baby is 6-months old now and has never had a diaper rash...knock on wood!
My son has been home with me for 9 days, and the nurses in the NICU strongly recommended putting the ointment on after every diaper change in order to help prevent rashes.
It's fine if that is what you want to do. I did that here and there with my daughter because she was very prone to diaper rash.
what are u going to do if the baby gets a rash if u put it on every day now. i would if one is starting but if not let it go
Yes, especially when they are sleeping through the night.
I do that all the time. My daughter has VERY sensitive skin and I have to try my best at prevention.

No comments:

Post a Comment