Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I used an acne spot cream on my face last night, and when I woke up my face was red and itchy! What can I do?

I rubbed it all over my face!I used an acne spot cream on my face last night, and when I woke up my face was red and itchy! What can I do?
Use calamine lotion on your face (after giving it a good wash to get rid of any cream residue) and let the skin calm down. Bin the cream!;


If its really bad and showing signs of blistering, then get medical attention;I used an acne spot cream on my face last night, and when I woke up my face was red and itchy! What can I do?
i would stop using it thats ,i think that a form of an allergic reaction
try using some benadryl cream on you face you may have been allergic to it or you may have a sensitive face
Don't use it again because you skin is to sensitive. Try using some cortisone cream to clear it up and then go find something for sensitive skin and do a spot test before putting it on your whole face.
B Q I am no expert,but it seems by what you said that ,that cream you used on your face ,has something (a chemical) that caused you to react, like an allergic reaction ,I would keep rinsing the face with cool water daily AND take an allergy pill, like Benadyrl or something like that,read the directions on the box !!! if redness and itching do not stop ,you would been wise to visit the E.R.
This sounds as though you had an allergic reaction to the cream. Wash your face well to remove all cream, then splash with cold water. This will help to sooth the irritated skin and any swelling that you may have. Pat dry. There are several products you can use to sooth the itching. Benydrl (or any cough syrup) can be taken orally. This will make the hives go away and stop the itching. It may also be applied topically (to the skin). Or, calamine lotion, or cortisol cream will also relieve the itching. Throw the cream out and in the future you will need to spot test in a small area (maybe on the back of your hand) to see if you develop a reaction to the cream, before applying to your face. Many creams have some of the same ingrediants in them, and since there is no way of determining which ingrediant caused you the rash, then it is important for you to do a skin test to make sure this doesn't happen again. Hope you feel better soon!
Use some Benadryl cream to get rid of the itch and some of the red, the do not use that acne cream again. You are allergic.
Oh, it's a allergical reaction to that cream! It's very painful indeed! try to wash with cold water and sloooowly wipe. Don't touch your face and never ever use that cream!





Ask the doc for a healing cream- never take one before asking the doc cause you can get a worse face
don't use obviously your face gets irritated by that creme
stop using it you have a allergic reaction use hydrocortisone cream to stop the itching and redness
Try gently patting your face with a warm washcloth for a few mins over the sink. The apply a light face moisturizer and don't touch your face the rest of the day.
If it is something like Retin A, that is normal. There is not much you can do but wait it out. Don't use it again until your face heals. Then, just use a little on a small spot. Before long, you will be able to use it without any problems. Your body adjusts to it and will not burn when you use it.
Sounds like an elergic reaction,Use moisturizer and let heal

No comments:

Post a Comment